Skip to content
- It is not possible for men to achieve an erection in space.
- Priapism (prolonged erection) is named after always-hard Greek god Priapus
- The fear of thinking about or having an erection is called “ithyphallophobia”
- William Shakespeare referred to an erection as “the dart of love”
- A man sued BMW because his motorcycle gave him a two year erection.
- To maintain firm erections, the penis needs to have erections regularly. Without regular erections, penile tissue can become less elastic and shrink, up to 1-2 centimeters.
- The brain has an “automatic penis maintenance” function that cause erections during sleep.
- For some men who are physically unable to have an erection, due to nerve trauma or blood vessel damage, they can use a device like a vacuum pump that causes the penis to swell with blood
- A man has an average of 11 erections per day. He has around 9 erections at night.